The Abbasi Islamic Centre Project aims to build a centre to accommodate the ever-growing community, providing facilities to allow its members to flourish in all capacities, and in unity with one another and the wider multi-faith society.
The Abbasi Islamic Centre Project presents us all with a massive opportunity to take the Community forward with the aims of becoming a centre that:
- Uplifts our Imaan
- Strengthens our physical and mental wellbeing
- Ensures our children and youth develop a close relationship with Allah (SWT), His Prophets (AS), the Holy Prophet (SAW) and the Aimah (AS)
- Pulls us towards the centre and its significance in an inextricable way
“Creating a Spiritual and Vibrant Community, based on the Values and Practices of the Islamic Shia Ithna-Asheri Faith; by developing the potential of its members, engaging with the wider society, being held accountable to itself and its members and serving the needs of humanity worldwide.”
The Abbasi Islamic Centre Project aims to build a centre to accommodate the ever-growing community; providing facilities to allow its members to flourish in all capacities, and in unity with one another and the wider multi-faith society. In light of our Mission, we will be embarking on the following:
- Extending our existing mosque over two levels.
- Demolishing and rebuilding our Imambargah on two levels with vastly improved amenity facilities.
- A purpose-built Ghusl/Kafan facility with a special room where the family of the deceased can grieve in private.
- A multipurpose hall that will provide a flexible space that can be used for overflow as well as sports hall.
Below is our project video that showcases this in more detail.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Spread the word! The more people who find out about a project, the more support it will get. So post a link to the project site on your Facebook page or include it in your email-signature.
Volunteer! We are looking for people to join our team in order to turn our vision into a reality.
Donate! You can make a one-off donation or set up a regular contribution. You can also donate anonymously if you wish.